TELACU Property Management, Inc. (TPM) manages these third-party properties. TPM’s partners provide affordable housing to the elderly, the disabled, families, and those with special needs. These partners enjoy the security and peace of mind that comes with knowing TPM brings the same level of professionalism and customer service to conventional rental housing that TRM brings to subsidized housing.
We are looking for a Building Maintenance III to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repairs for assigned senior housing facility under the direction of the Regional Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties
• Inspects the grounds, building and mechanical equipment daily for safety and health hazards potential and communicates any concerns to the Regional Maintenance Supervisor.
• Works with the Property Manager in completing Service Requests for tenants within 24 hours of receipt
• Supports the Regional Maintenance Supervisor with trainings new hires and REAC inspections
• Accountable for maintaining the Preventive Maintenance Chart.
• Cleans and prepares vacant units for occupancy. Removes old finishes and prepares surfaces for repairs, sanding and patching as needed. Completes the vacant unit checklist and submits to the Property Manager for quality review.
• Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate strength. Stores all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper labeled container and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual.
• Cleans facility offices and all common areas according to the Preventive Maintenance Schedule.
• Removes graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice.
• Acts as the liaison between vendors and the Regional Maintenance Supervisor by providing access to senior housing facility equipment and reporting status on repairs and services.
• Orders pre-approved janitorial supplies, chemicals and materials and ensures proper inventory amounts are available for use.
• Occasionally drives own vehicle to other company facilities and supply stores for company business purposes as required.
• Maintains and replaces electrical and mechanical systems, inspects equipment and troubleshoots malfunctions by determining cause and making necessary adjustments.
• Responds to after hour and weekend emergencies.
• Professional presentation and attitude and excellent customer service.
• Ability to maintain focus while working independently.
• Willingness to work after hours and on weekends as needed.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
• Adhere to eTime management systems, attendance policies and safety regulations.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards and understands and lives by TPM’s business conduct and policies.
• Travel: Occasional driving required locally for company business. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets the Company’s insurer’s criteria; must be able to use own vehicle in the course and scope of work.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of Building systems related to heating and cooling, plumbing, electrical, sewer, fire sprinklers systems and low voltage, nurse call systems.
• Knowledge with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
• Knowledge in the use of hand and power tools.
• Preferably bilingual in English/Spanish (written and oral).
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Outlook, Internet search engines. Familiar with PDA devices such as smart phones and tablets
• Equipment Use: Shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, stripping machine, Whittaker machine, A type ladders, power and hand tools, pressure washer, drain line cleaner, concrete grinder machine, tile cleaner, electrostatic disinfectant sprayer, phone, fax, PC, tablet.
Experience and Education:
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• 2 – 4+ years’ hands on building maintenance experience.
• Formal related training from a trade school or certifications including: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, flooring, etc. preferred.
• Course work/seminar attendance in Fair housing, customer service, REAC and other building/unit inspections required, preferred.
Constantly (6-8+ hours per day) – Standing, Walking, Using of hands & fingers
Frequently (3-6 hours per day) – Pushing & Pulling, Reaching (above shoulders level), Lifting of up to 70+ lbs.
Occasionally (Up to 3 hours per day) – Sitting, Squatting/Bending, Climbing
Work Environment & Exposures:
Position may require occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, vibration and loud noise levels. Will be exposed to varying weather conditions, soil, pollen, grass and plant materials and fertilizer while working; will be exposed to cleaning solutions of home strength; may be exposed to industrial strength solutions for pest control, paints or solvents. Hazards: Occasionally exposed to biohazards such as blood borne pathogens, sewage, building waste.
TELACU Offers a Competitive Benefits Package:
• Medical health coverage options: Limited HMO, Full HMO and POS
• Dental coverage options: Dental HMO (DMO) and PPO
• Vision PPO insurance option
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical Expense Reimbursement & Dependent Day Care
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous employer match
• Company Paid Basic Life / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Supplemental Basic Life / AD&D Insurance
• Company Paid Long-term Disability
• Company Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Colonial Voluntary Supplemental Insurance Options
• Paid Time Off for Vacation, Sick and Holidays
• Education Reimbursement
TPM mandates all Team Members be vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are offered a position with our company, you must be able to provide evidence of vaccination as a condition of employment or be eligible to receive an approved exemption from TELACU as a medical or religious accommodation. If you are not currently vaccinated and do not receive an approved exemption from the vaccine requirement as a medical or religious accommodation, and are offered a position, your start date may be delayed or your offer may be rescinded, if you cannot provide evidence you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
TELACU (the Company) has an internal recruiting department. TELACU may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters (Agency). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact TELACU employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. The Company’s policy is for the internal recruiting team or other authorized personnel to present ALL candidates to hiring managers. Any unsolicited resumes sent to TELACU from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Company mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Company employees, or to the resume database will be considered Company property. TELACU will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. TELACU will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.